Published Articles and Essays
PEER REVIEW ACADEMIC ARTICLES
1. Kaplan, R. To A Patient of Internal Medicine, June 19, 2018
2. Wadden, T., Berkowitz, R., Womble, L., Sarwer, d., Phelan, S., Cato,R., Hesson, I., Osei, S., Kaplan, R., and Stunkard, A. Randomized Trial of Lifestyle Modification and Pharmacotherapy for Obesity. New England Journal of Medicine 2005;353:2111-2120, Nov. 17, 2005
3. Barsky, R.D. (Kaplan) and Lachman, M. Understanding of Horizontality in College Women: Effect of Two Training Procedures. International Journal of Behavioral Development 9:31-43, 1986
ESSAYS AND OTHER ARTICLES
1. Kaplan, R. Tornado, Initial Encounter, Pulsevoices.org, in press.
2. Kaplan, R. How to Shelter in Place: A Survival Manual. Eastern Iowa Review, Spring, 2020
3. Kaplan, R. Shelter with Me. Another Chicago Magazine: Dispatch from a Pandemic, May 24, 2020.
4. Kaplan, R. Physician Burnout: How Can We Regain our Resilience? ACP Southeastern Chapter Governor's Newsletter, June, 2017
5. Kaplan, R. Brave New World? Kevin, MD, guest blogger, May 7, 2017.
6. Kaplan, R. Brave New World? Pulsevoices.org Feb. 2017
7. Kaplan, R. The Last Chocolate Bar. Annals.org. Feb 7, 2017
8. Kaplan, R. and Kaplan, L., When Doctors Lose Control The Consultant. 2016; 56: 550-2.
9. Kaplan, R. The End of Nice. Pulse Editor' Picks: A 3rd Anthology., 2016
10. Kaplan, R. The Last Chocolate Bar. Amarillo Bay. 2016
11. Kaplan, R. Lafitte and Other Secrets. Amarillo Bay.2015
12. Kaplan, R. Going Live. The Consultant, Spring, 2012
13. Kaplan , R. The End of Nice. Pulse Magazine, Sept., 2011
14. Kaplan, R. Doctor, Hear Thyself. Brandeis Magazine. Sept. 2011
15. Kaplan, R. Narrative Medicine: Using Writing See the Human Being. Temple Medicine, Spring,
16. Kaplan, R. Bag of Bones and Box of Knees in Prompted, An Anthology from the Greater Philadelphia Writer's Worship PS Publishing, 2010
17. Kaplan, R. Finalist Entry for the Autobiography Project, Philadelphia Daily News, May 12, 2006
fair Display is a sophisticated font tall, imposing letters. It's ideal for titles, headlines and short blocks of copy - like a product description.